Are you using Skype to stay in touch with your team or to connect with others?
Don’t you hate the little icon that keep showing up in your taskbar and blinking you face so much that you GOT to check it out, see what people are talking about?
What a waste of time and a productivity killer!
Obviously you will want to turn Skype off completely (along with emails, IM, etc.) when you do your daily income producing activities but if you need to stay connected to your team you got to limit your distraction by it.
I have this very simple Skype tip today that will allow you to limit the distraction associated with it by removing the little icon to pop up all the time.
When you follow this tip right here, you’ll be able to have it pop up:
- When someone writes to you directly
- When someone mentions your name in a conversation
Skype Productivity Tip
1. Choose a group/conversation you are part of in the “Conversation Tab”.
2. Go to the menu Conversation > Notification Settings
3. In the IM notification settings window you can use the “Do not notify me” if you want to totally remove notifications. Personally I use the third option “Notify me only if these words are mentioned“. And then I put my name in the box.
This way I do not get notified all the time but I will get a notification when someone mention me in a message. My name will be highlighted and it’ll be easy to focus on responding to the right questions.
This is a simple tip but I have not seen anyone talk about this and I am sure many people will love to be free of this crazy wiggling icon taking your focus away.
No more reason for not being productive!
Love the tip? Leave a comment below!